Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Sad Odd Mystery


I became aware of this mystery when I was in the 6th grade attending Central Middle School in Laurinburg NC. After school, a friend took me to the local funeral home a block away and stowed in the corner of the garage where the Hurst were parked stood a 5 foot by 2 foot wooden box on edge. Opening the lid of that box, I jumped and yelled and needless to say I ran all the way home (about a mile). Inside rested the remains of the man we called Spaghetti. A carnival worker killed in a fight in Laurinburg in 1911. The body was to be claimed but never was and so time passed and he ended up in that corner of that garage. I paid several visits to that wooden box to satisfy my curiosity and to this day have vivid memories of that man. Carefully reading the photo will answer the end of this mystery. If anyone wishes to enquire about the rest of the story then comment and I will respond.

No comments: