Tuesday, November 6, 2007


Space Agency Upgrades Photo Tool...

The European Space Agency has made it easier for amateur and professional photographers to submit photos of Venus via a new Web Interface. The ESA is interested in such photos to supplement observations made by its Venus Express spacecraft. The agency launched the Venus Amateur Observating Project (VAOP) in March 2006 and now has a simpler Web-based interface called the Venus ground-based Active Archive (VAA) for the uploading of photos. ESA is interested in such images because the orbiter cannot constently monitor Venus. There are periods when parts of the planet are visable from Earth but cannot be seen by the spacecraft beacuse of its position in orbit.

1 comment:

basement waterproofing said...

Hi! I have read the information given in your website, and I must say, the cost of the solutions is very much reasonable. I am really thankful for that. Recently I had a great many thinks to store in my house so, I needed to repair my basement. And you are the best help I have got. basement waterproofing